Register To Vote
The facts about registering to vote in Michigan:
- You must be registered to vote at your current address to vote in Michigan’s 2024 Presidential Primary Election.
- You can register to vote today through 8 p.m. on Election Day, February 27, 2024.
- You have options to register, including online or in person.
- You do not need a photo ID to register to vote.
From now through February 12th, you have more options to register to vote, including online or by mail. You can register to vote until 8 p.m. on election day, February 27, 2024.
Click or tap an option below to get all the info you need to know.
You can register to vote at the Detroit City Clerk’s office at 2 Woodward Ave #200 Detroit, MI 48226 Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You can also register to vote at a Detroit Early Vote Center. Early Vote Centers will be open February 17 - February 25 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Use the interactive map at the bottom of this page to find the Early Vote Center nearest to you.
You must bring one type (paper or electronic copy) of “proof of residency” with you to register to vote in person:
- Your Michigan driver’s license or state ID card
- A utility bill with your name and Detroit address on it
- A bank statement with your name and Detroit address on it
- A paycheck with your name and Detroit address on it
- A government check with your name and Detroit address on it
- Any other government document with your name and Detroit address on it